Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928 Questions

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JCturboT

Honda HS928 Questions
Original Message   Jan 30, 2008 1:36 pm
Hello,
First off-great Forum!

Lots of good info to be found.I have referenced this forum for info about both of my John Deere mowers (JX-75/14SB)and just today decided to join.

I just purchase a used Honda HS928 snowblower in excellent condition and I have a couple questions I was hoping another Honda owner could help me with.

1.Is there anyway to tell the year of the machine based on the serial #? I asked the counterperson at the Honda dealership and he said no,but it is less than 8 years old.The original owner says it's only a couple of years old but I wanted to know for sure.

2.While checking the fluids I noticed there are 2 plastic drainplugs both labeled oil on each side of the motor.The one on the right has a dipstick attached to it while the left one is just a plastic plug.Any reason for this?

Thanks,
Jeff
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Gelid

Re: Honda HS928 Questions
Reply #4   Feb 3, 2008 2:54 pm
JCturboT wrote:
Thanks guys.

Anyone have any info regarding the serial #/year of machine?

Jeff

I have a tracked 928. You can't tell the year from the blower's serial# but my dealer told me some of the internal parts have manufacturing date stamped on. That would be the part's manufacturing date not the blower's but at least it yields a "no older than" date, assuming the part has never been replaced.

Now if you want to take the blower apart to find out... lol

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
carz

Re: Honda HS928 Questions
Reply #5   Mar 20, 2008 5:40 pm
Question: I have a question about the HS 928 as I am considering buying one next winter. Since stock is depleted everywhere I am unable to see one in person. I read somethere that these models might be a little uncomfortable for taller people. Would it be possible to provide the height of the handles above the ground? I could then compare against my current model. I suspect that it is approx. 36 inches. Thanks.

Marc

Ariens 724 (1994), Honda HR215HXC (2003)
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42