Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ARIENS SNOWBLOWER BOUGHT AT HOME DEPOT

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ej_hathcock

ARIENS SNOWBLOWER BOUGHT AT HOME DEPOT
Original Message   Jan 26, 2008 2:42 pm
ARIENS 13 hp 1336,#924506.

This snowblower has electric shute, electric key start, (has a battery about as large as a lawn tractor.)

Also has heated handles.

This snowblower was bought new from Home Depot. Paid 2499. It was outside on display.

They couldn't find the owners manual that usually comes with it when we bought it. 

We've had problems with this from day one.

The electric motor that turns the shute, was not sealed properly, filled up with water, from the melting snow, and seized the

motor. The machine would not move under it's own power. The adjustment was made so it now moves, but it will

not throw snow more than 6 inches, which clogs the shute. If I tip it back and let it go, it shakes the snow loose and the

snow starts to move.  I watch the Auger  shaft on the side of the machine. It turns very slowly at first, then picks up speed.

I don't know what kind of grease to use on the fittings. Is there more than one kind for outdoor equipment?

Is there anyone out there that has this manual.  I have tried the Ariens site, it says the manual is not available. This

is the third winter I have had this machine.  It's not that old.  I can find more on other sites, like a schematic for parts, but

not the actual manual.

I am new to mechanics. I did take the cover off. The auger belt didn't appear to be bad.  appeared like soot, from a belt rubbing.

No glazing on the belt.     I tried to adjust the adjuster both ways with no luck.  There is almost no pressure on the belt when I squeeze the handle. The other way there is no contact with the belt at all.

This explains why the snow doesn't move??

ej in NH

What can anyone tell me.

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a manual for this machine??

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dt63944

Re: ARIENS SNOWBLOWER BOUGHT AT HOME DEPOT
Reply #10   Jan 29, 2008 12:00 am
Check http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/024941E_ENG.pdf ; I have the exact same model as you with the exact same problem. I have a 5-year older 1336 that doesn't exhibit these problems. Ariens has changed something. I would suggest following the auger belt adjustment as described in the manual, particularly the part about removing slack in the auger cable.If that cable is taught, it has the effect of putting greater tension on the auger belt, assuming the auger idler pulley is properly adjusted. That belt gets it's "traction" from the sides and what you're seeing is the rubber wearing off the sides. Maybe it's the belt quality that has slipped, or maybe the belt/pulley assembly is undersized for the amount of snow being pulled into a 36" unit, in any case I suggest doing what I am going to do, go the the customer service section of their website and ask a technical question, they claim to be committed to helping.
Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42