Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Fuel Leaking Out of Tecumseh HM80 with 632334A carb

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LA55

Fuel Leaking Out of Tecumseh HM80 with 632334A carb
Original Message   Jan 23, 2008 11:02 pm
I noticed fuel leaking out of carberator intake when engine is stopped on my snow thrower. Prior to this I replaced the needle and seat as a tune up measure. Is it possible to put the seat in backwards? I did notice that the rubber seat is groved on one side and flat on the other. I took it apart again and checked the float. I blew in the fuel line and moved the float up and it seems to seal off well. But when i put it back together it still leaks fuel. Where else can the fuel be coming from?  Thanks
This message was modified Jan 23, 2008 by LA55
Replies: 12 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
LA55

Re: Fuel Leaking Out of Tecumseh HM80 with 632334A carb
Reply #12   Jan 28, 2008 3:24 pm
Hey there hcd724 beware that if the engine is getting wet when your using the machine that could cause rough running . Shield off the motor and that will solve that problem. What i did with my carberator was take it apart and blow out every hole with carb cleaner. if you look in the carb from the choke side you will see 2 small holes on the right. make sure the are clear. blow in the needle valve areas. when its back together back of the main jet needle 1.5 turns (bottom side needle. ) Back off idle adjustment needle on the (side of carb )1.5 turns. this should let the motor start. Let it warm up turn the idle needle  in  until engine changes sound an starts running rough then turn it back untill it starts doing the same thing . Then turn it back in to the center point.   Now exellerate engine High speed and do the same with the bottom fast idle needle screw. Worked for me. I was having to run mine with choke 3/4 on too before taking it all apart and adjusting. Also I removed the blower housing and cleaned the ignition coil and re adjusted gap. Starts on the first pull.
Replies: 12 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42