Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1982 Ariens Dual Stage Snowblower-Clutch Lever Problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jmbering

1982 Ariens Dual Stage Snowblower-Clutch Lever Problems
Original Message   Jan 26, 2008 9:00 pm
I would like to know how to adjust the clutch lever(going forward and reserve) it will not go all the way down to the handle. It goes almost all the way down to the handle and its becoming of a pain to hold it. My other one that moves the snow goes all the way down. Is there something I can adjust in order to hold the lever all the way down to the handle? 

I hope I explained this well enough.

Thanks                 

This message was modified Jan 26, 2008 by jmbering
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mkd55

Re: 1982 Ariens Dual Stage Snowblower-Clutch Lever Problems
Reply #1   Jan 27, 2008 12:22 pm
if you haven't lubed the shaft the impeller rides on take the plastic cover off by the discharge chute  and operate the lever for the drive. watch for the clutch movement  on the shaft (just in front of the engine) under the belts. there is only about 1/4"  or so movement. spray some wd 40 or penetrating oil where the clutch slides on the shaft and see if that doesn't free up the lever. also lube all the linkage pivot points. there is an  adjustment for the clutch itself but as long as you can roll the blower around on it's wheels with the clutch disengaged your probably ok there. if not and you need the clutch adjusted also and there is a specific sequence for adjustment. latter mkd
This message was modified Jan 27, 2008 by mkd55
solara

Re: 1982 Ariens Dual Stage Snowblower-Clutch Lever Problems
Reply #2   Jan 28, 2008 2:06 pm
download the manual (w/ the model and serial #s) from ariens.com and follow the adj procedures

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42