Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New (Old) Toro 7/24 Questions

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cmike

New (Old) Toro 7/24 Questions
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 8:25 am
I am new to the snowthrowing game and i picked up a used Toro 7/24.  It starts great, looks great, and runs pretty good as well, or i hope it does. 

1. first question i have is when the auger isn't running but the machine is i get alot of sputtery and small backfire type sounds.  Then when i kick the auger in that stops and it runs pretty good.  Any ideas on whats going on with that?

2.  My second question is this, yesterday we had a snowy rainy mix and the snow was really just super heavy, wet, and packable.  It was packing in the throw chute and the machine just kept stalling out.  Does that sound normal for that type of snow conditions? or should  it be able to throw just about anything i put in front of it?

3.  Anyone know what specific plug goes into this machine?

Thanks for your help

Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
cavebear53

Semper Fi

Re: New (Old) Toro 7/24 Questions
Reply #10   Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm
If you give the toro site your ser # it will tell you what year your 724 was made. I had no problem finding my brother's 724 OP Manual on that site free download.

Ron

PoulanPro PP11530SE 11hp 30" cut
Replies: 10 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42