Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help a rookie with a inherited snow thrower please

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rdsatkaycee

Help a rookie with a inherited snow thrower please
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 10:02 am
I inherited a Montgomery Wards 21" 3 horsepower snow thrower.  The manual is dated Dec 7, 1985.  I believe it was made by MTD.

Snow throwing is new to me and so far I have learned the value of fresh and well mixed gasoline.  Also, I put a new shave plate on it and that helped it quite a bit.  My question at this point is' "is it supposed to be self-propelled?"   When I pull up on the handle the 'blades' contact the surface and propel it along very nicely but the snow clogs much quicker.  When I do not allow the 'blades' to actually touch the surface and propel the unit, it throws much much better, but is very hard to push that way.  I'm sure I probably need new rubber for the blades.  The rubber is about 1 and half inch  on the wearing surface.  Any other tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42