Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Older Grey Sears Riding Mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
caryb

Older Grey Sears Riding Mower
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 9:07 am
I have 2 older Riding Mowers... Both Model 917.255741.  Original one, when I have in neutral (6 Speed forward, 1 reverse) I can PUSH IT or PULL IT Around OK.. But The new one REVERSES One Wheel when trying to PUSH it forward (by Hand) as I TRY to Push IT/Move it a bit?? (Strange?)  Maybe someone could HELP Me figure Out WHY It does that?  Once I had It started, It Drove OK, "DRIVE" Belt Seemed Looser than Normal, But It Drove in all speeds ok. Once Stopped, and Shut off, It seemed that I could MOVE IT  Forward or back by hand power.. Put it on Blocks and When TURN The Rear wheel ONE WAY- The Other Wheel goes the Opposite way? But When Running and in GEAR,They Both Go FORWARD...

2nd Question: My First Sears Mower has TWO  Blades (38 inch cut).. The newer one has TWO SETS OF BLADES on each side. Was that Standard? Or For MULCHING?, Or Can I Simply use TWO Blades.. instead of those FOUR? Thanks.    caryb1999@yahoo.com

This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42