Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > honda 1132 wont blow powder

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
blunt

honda 1132 wont blow powder
Original Message   Jan 2, 2008 10:12 am
 It's official the honda 1132. A 11 hp. 32" inch cut tracked snowblower needs a retrofit kit to blow powdered snow without sucking it through the carburator and dieing.

I was also informed that honda will only supply the kit  (its under warrenty) if the customer asks for it.

I am now waiting a week or more for a kit to come in so i can snowblow my driveway.

This message was modified Jan 2, 2008 by blunt
Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
blunt

Re: honda 1132 wont blow powder
Reply #12   Jan 17, 2008 12:26 am
Gelid wrote:
So it's the customer's fault if only the most popular models are properly equipped? I like your dealer's sense of humor lol. What does the anti-icing kit consist of? I suspect it's just the thick rubber shroud that covers the side of the engine where the carb is, must be worth what, $20? Pretty miserly of them to hold it back on a $2700 machine.

It a metal shroud and 2 pieces of rubber wrapped around the carb, Of course finding the fuel shutoff  is strictly a fumble and feel operation as it is completely covered by rubber
Gelid

Re: honda 1132 wont blow powder
Reply #13   Jan 17, 2008 4:30 am
blunt wrote:
 It a metal shroud and 2 pieces of rubber wrapped around the carb, Of course finding the fuel shutoff  is strictly a fumble and feel operation as it is completely covered by rubber

Yup. What you describe comes standard on the 928. They call the metal shroud 'carburetor cover'  even though it covers more than just the carb. As for the rubber wrap-around it has a slit for access to the shutoff valve but it doesn't align that good that's why you need to slide your fingers in there and feel for the lever. Does a pretty good job of keeping snow out though.

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42