Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Bolens 8 26

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Stroth

Bolens 8 26
Original Message   Nov 18, 2007 8:00 pm
This is my first post here, but I have spent some time searching the archives and man is there some good info. here.  THANKS

I just bought a used snowblower for my driveway (my back just cannot handle shoveling anymore).

It is a Bolens 8 26 with a serial # of:  0201208.

The guy that i bought it from had two others (toro), but the bolens just appealed to me, and it was cheaper than the others.  250 bucks.

I have tried to find some info out online, but I have not had any real luck.

Can anyone out there give me some more info. on this machine? 

It is a mustard yellow color, with 4 forward speeds and reverse.  It has a nut on the right wheel unlocks the differential, to make turning easier.  (Which I thought was pretty cool on the toros this feature was much more difficult to engage). 

How old is it?  I am guessing late 70's?

The guy told me it was a techumsa engine, but is anyone else out there sure of this?  It started up on the first pull and ran well.  Numbers off of the motor are:

HM80 155022D 7125D

I do not believe these are the MTD versions bolen sold later.  I have been advised to stay away from MTD.

Are parts still out there for this machine?  Did I pay a fair price?  Any tips on maintenance that I should follow through the winter?

Any info anyone has on this machine is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stroth

Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
morgane

Re: Bolens 8 26
Reply #14   Jan 16, 2008 6:48 pm
I also need a manual. Would you send that link to me for the manual?

thanks

Ed

emorgana@prodigy.net

Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42