Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Craftsman 26" track snow blower - Boxing day special!!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tanner

New Craftsman 26" track snow blower - Boxing day special!!!!
Original Message   Dec 26, 2007 4:53 pm
Hi all,

Lined up this morning at Sears for the door crasher special to buy a snowblower. They had 4 - 5hp Craftsmans up for grabs but unfortunatley i was 7-8th in line. One the four were gone they announced they had 3 'higher end' What I purhcased was a Craftsman 9 hp 26" track snow blower model # C459-527860. I cannot find this particular model on any of the Sears websites so I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this model.

Couple of questions:

Is track drive better/worse then the two wheeled blowers? What's the benefit to track drive?

I put the chute together and fixed the handlebars in place and wanted to move the blower to a different part of my garage before adding the agas and giving it a run. I couldn't move the blower. I checked to see if it had a neutral position on the stick shift but if didn't. Does anyone know how i can move this snowblower without starting it up?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Replies: 12 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
djpehrson11

Re: New Craftsman 26" track snow blower - Boxing day special!!!!
Reply #12   Jan 15, 2008 8:22 pm
Yes, I agree with the previous message. Tracks are not as easy to control and require thought and consideration as to their intended purpose. I simply have "learned" to get used to my tracked machine and it's unique characteristics. You must allow and anticipate certain responses in performance. Simply put, mine works for me and does what I need it to do. It is I that has gotten use to it. It out weighs me and out powers me, I have learned to respect it, my house has the wounds of my thoughtlessness. Furthermore, I live on totally flat terrain. So, as earlier indicated, "hillyness or grade" is not what tracks are about. It's about traction. In low gear, I could pull my car if needed, however, my tracker is not at all stock. Thanks for the comments. Dave.
ffarner

Reply #13   Sep 6, 2008 11:12 pm
We just bought a Sears Craftsman 8 Hp; 25 Inch; 10" Impeller; Trac Drive Snow Thrower; Model 536884900; Code 73220.

We need a manual.  Any suggestiosn?  Or people with a manual to share?

We live in the Oregon High Desert at 4300 ft.  About 5 feet of snow per winter.  Our neighbor swears by his Trac.  I think I will like it, but I need a manual.

Thank you,

FF
trouts2

Reply #14   Sep 9, 2008 10:04 pm

Tanner

Your manual is here:

http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/DocGetter?doc=769-03336.pdf

That’s an MTD machine.  I’ve had two of them and they rolled on the tracks.  I had to tilt it back to get it to roll it around. 

Ffarner

I think yours was made by Murray.  The manal may be here:

http://www.partsandservice.com/

It’s hit or miss at this site but sometimes a manual close can be found.

The parts manual is here:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/retrieveModelActionHome!retrieve.action;jsessionid=HX3GsnH8vEORN9KbgWlJBg**.shcapp3205?modelNumber=536884900&pop=flush

The MTD’s with the trigger control were fantastic to handle and just about zero turn.  I only got to drive them around with no snow but expect they would be as good as my friends Honda track which was not as easy to handle.

Trouts2
Replies: 12 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42