Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ariens differential question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikiewest

ariens differential question
Original Message   Jan 5, 2008 4:07 pm
how reliable is the auto differential?Is it something that will need to be repaired and how expensive will it be?Is the Toro freewheel steering less complicated and less expensive to repair?From what I have read the freewheel steering works great but its not automatic.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
RickO

Re: ariens differential question
Reply #2   Jan 6, 2008 8:39 pm
Without question, it is a phenomonal feature.  It has worked flawless on my 924DLE since I bought it.  I spoke w/ a tech at Ariens before purchasing and asked this exact question.  He claimed the mechanism is bulletproof.  I have a tight garage and have some tight maneuvers to do to get it out past the cars, and it is so easy.  Best of all, traction enages instantaneously after turning and proceeding forward. 
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Re: ariens differential question
Reply #3   Jan 7, 2008 12:26 pm
Can't speak for the reliability of the components involved in manufacturing it (just bought mine), but I can speak for its usefulness.  It is absolutely awesome, love it. makes for turning a breeze. Clean up the driveway a lot quicker and easier. 

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42