Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD Model 31A-615-D118 snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
carolvelt

MTD Model 31A-615-D118 snowblower
Original Message   Jan 2, 2008 3:11 pm
I posted an earlier plea for help regarding the above MTD snowblower leaking gas.  We replaced the black gasket but it still is leaking from the top of the carberuator.  Can anyone advise what it might be.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: MTD Model 31A-615-D118 snowblower
Reply #1   Jan 2, 2008 3:22 pm
i cant seem to find your old post,can i have a quick description?as to where exactly is it leaking from.

carolvelt

Reply #2   Jan 2, 2008 3:29 pm
It is leaking at the top of the carberuator.  There appears to be a small weep hole above the bowl on the carberuator housing.  When you prime it, it squirts out gas.  Should this be????  It  continues to leak gas when the gas valve is open.

donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Reply #3   Jan 2, 2008 3:35 pm
i would say the float is bad,have you rebuilt this lately,if not i would try that.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42