Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926Pro Loosing Drive

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
o2man98

Ariens 926Pro Loosing Drive
Original Message   Dec 2, 2007 10:07 am
I have an Ariens 926Pro that is loosing the power to the wheels in all forward and reverse speeds. I will work fine for one push and all of a sudden stop driving. Then it will be back to normal and nothing again.

Any tips and tricks appreciated.

Ken
Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Snownut

Re: Ariens 926Pro Losing Drive
Reply #9   Dec 31, 2007 12:01 pm
I had the same problem with my snowblower.  I have an 8.5 hp Briggs engine.  Excess snow contacted the front of the hot engine, melted, and made its way onto the friction plate.  The drive would slip in almost any gear, intermittently. It would usually slip at the worst possible time, in deep snow or EOD crud.  I fixed the problem by taking a short length of fuel hose and cutting a slit its entire length.  I slid the hose over the lip on the back of the PTO cover and also added a short length of foam caulking backer on the front.  I reinstalled the PTO cover and have not had the problem since.  I am also located in Wisconsin, so I got to try out my fix a few times already.
fabianfledge

Reply #10   Jan 18, 2009 10:35 am
I have the 926004 model with the Techumseh motor and am having the exact same problems.  The unit is a 2005 and I have had problems with the drive since day one.  I had it in the shop two times the first two years of ownership and they never fixed the problem.  The first year they replaced the friction disk, the second year the pulley assembly.  The third year Ariens blew me off and wouldn't respond to the problem, and the dealership didn't know what to do.  It started acting up again the last snow we got.  It was a whooping two inches of fluff and the temperature was in the single digits. After 10-15 minutes the drive wasn't working, and then after pushing it up the driveway through two passes it pick up again.  I finished the driveway, and pulled the belt cover, and saw nothing.  I tipped it into the service position and opened the bottom plate, and saw some ice but not on the plate.  Either way some sort of moisture is getting in there from somewhere.  Hopefully the baffle will work.  Does anyone have a picture of the kit they can post?  I ordered one, but I have no idea when it is going to come in.
fabianfledge

Re: Ariens 926Pro Loosing Drive
Reply #11   Jan 18, 2009 10:36 am
Did the baffle kit fix your problem?
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #12   Jan 20, 2009 4:47 pm
Snownut wrote:
I had the same problem with my snowblower.  I have an 8.5 hp Briggs engine.  Excess snow contacted the front of the hot engine, melted, and made its way onto the friction plate.  The drive would slip in almost any gear, intermittently. It would usually slip at the worst possible time, in deep snow or EOD crud.  I fixed the problem by taking a short length of fuel hose and cutting a slit its entire length.  I slid the hose over the lip on the back of the PTO cover and also added a short length of foam caulking backer on the front.  I reinstalled the PTO cover and have not had the problem since.  I am also located in Wisconsin, so I got to try out my fix a few times already.

Snownut
Can u post a picture of your fix. I'd like to see how it was done.
Allan

Replies: 9 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42