Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > honda snow blower or ariens?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikiewest

honda snow blower or ariens?
Original Message   Dec 29, 2007 7:23 pm
Im looking for a snow blower for my home.My driveway is 60x60 and I have another section 60x20.I went to a Honda dealer and I can get the HS724WA for $1400 or the HS928WAS for $1700.Is that a great deal or not?? I live in N.Y.(Long Island).Or should I shop around for a Toro or Ariens in that price range?Which will give me better reliability and performance?I also can get an Ariens 9526dle pro for $1400 the dealer told me its an 07,auto differential,tecumseh engine,16inch tires etc.brand new.
This message was modified Dec 30, 2007 by mikiewest
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Re: honda snow blower
Reply #1   Dec 29, 2007 9:27 pm
the hondas are fine machines. the toros, simplicitys and ariens are also fine machines as well as american owned and manufactured.

you will get more horsepower and features on the non honda machines for less money. it seems that the honda name is worth about $400.

any of these machines will last a lifetime with basic maintainence. please buy from a local dealer you are comfortable with and not from a home depot or other box store. the local dealer will be able to provide you service and advise that is simply unavailable at the box store.

try to use all the machines you are considering under power in a dry run to see which you find the most comfortable and easiest for you to operate and manuver. see that the handlebars are at a comfortable height ( a common complaint re: honda is that the handlebars are to low - in fact there is a kit available to raise their height.).

best of luck with your purchase and post here to let us know what you get.

best wishes and happy new year.

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42