Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh 7 HP 2 Cycle Engine Doesn't Exist?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gaken

Tecumseh 7 HP 2 Cycle Engine Doesn't Exist?
Original Message   Dec 27, 2007 8:17 pm
Second Post for me (not as controversial):

I was looking on the Ariens web site at their most powerful Single Stage Snowblower. It is the Ariens 722 EC.  (Model number 938018 ?).  Anyway, it is listed as a 7 HP model with a Tecumseh engine (they also have the more common 5 HP).

I could not get any information out of Ariens, as to how this engine differs from their 5 HP.  (They both are 139 cc , Tecumseh Snow Kings).  When I call Tecumseh, they tell me that they never made a 2 cycle Snowblower engine over 5 HP!   They don't know what I am talking about.

Someone explain to me how this can be? Inflated HP ratings? Marketing? Small horsepower ponies?  (As you would expect, the 7 HP Ariens lists for more $$$$$  than the 5 HP - about  $80) .  What are the torque figures on these engines? On paper, shouldn't this be a stronger single stage engine than the common Toro 3650 with its R Tek (Lawn Boy Duraforce) 6 1/2 HP engine that all the landscapers and contractors use - and even the Honda 4 stroke?

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42