Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro CCR2000 Spark Problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dens1

Toro CCR2000 Spark Problems
Original Message   Dec 26, 2007 11:34 am
I have a Toro CCR2000 4.5hp 2-cycle snowblower, model 38186.  Having spark problems.  Tried isolating the problem using a timing light.  Unhooked switch, and checked for spark with the plug to ground, not in hole.  Good spark.  Then inserted plug and repeated test, No spark at all.  Repeated the test several times, always with the same outcome.  Good spark when not inserted and no spark at all, with the plug inserted.  Also tried switching module with a generic one, but the testing results were the same outcome.  Can anyone help?  Coil the problem?  Toro coils seem to be very expensive and cannot return, as an electrical component.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
niper99

Re: Toro CCR2000 Spark Problems
Reply #1   Dec 26, 2007 5:35 pm
the way l'm interputing your post is that u took the spark plug out and checked for spark (has  spark), then u put it back in the engine and it doesnt have spark, l'm trying to figure out how u now it doesnt have spark when its in the engine? because that doesnt really make sense, just trying to understand what your asking. let me now
Denny

Re: Toro CCR2000 Spark Problems
Reply #2   Jan 2, 2008 2:29 pm
I have a 1994 CCR 2000 that started fine for the season but wouldn't restart.  Then no spark from plug.

I had no spark from the wire.

I ohmed out the coil to with the small wire to gnd 1.1 ohms, gnd to spark plug wire 18K ohms.

I replaced the small 1.5"X1.5" module with a Stens Mega fire II.

I had a small spark from just the wire to cylinder head (no spark plug).  I scraped some paint to get a better ground connection for the mega fire II module wire and then I was seeing decent spark with the spark plug inserted.

I put the unit back together and tried firing, I was having some wierd firing and missfiring.  I swapped the connection on the Mega fire and the thing started up right away and was running like the old days.

By the way for whatever reason my key switch now works in the opposite manner,  on is off and off is on.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42