Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Problem w/ my brand new Ariens 924DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RickO

Problem w/ my brand new Ariens 924DLE
Original Message   Dec 25, 2007 3:52 pm
So today I woke up to a beautiful White Christmas.  Did the presents, coffee, and breakfast, and headed out to maybe 5" of fresh powder.  This is the 3rd time using the machine.  The problem is I leave trails on each side of the cage w/ every pass.  Speed does not seem to matter.  Even in first gear, and again, only 5" of snow, I leave trails.  I tried one pass of taking maybe an 8" wide path and it still kicked out snow to the far side.  I'm at a loss.  It almost seems like the auger is churning it too agressively and spitting it forward.  The impellar is throwing fine - 35 to 40' I would guess.  But it is very aggravating to have to keep retracing my tracks to clean up the lines.

Any ideas?  I bought it from a local Ariens dealer and they said they will check it no problem.  I went with the 24" as it fits in my garage better, but am sensing it may be too heavy duty a machine for a slim 24" path.  I never had this issue w/ my older 29" Crafstman.

On the plus side, these Ariens are super heavy duty.  The automatic traction control is sensation.  I can turn the machine with one hand, and thus rotate the chute even while turning.  Definitely the best feature of the machine.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42