Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Controversial Topic: What is the Most Powerful Single Stage Snowblower?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gaken

Controversial Topic: What is the Most Powerful Single Stage Snowblower?
Original Message   Dec 25, 2007 12:12 pm
First Post for me ( so be kind):

I would love to have a 2 stage snowblower.  However for both space and financial reasons, I want to know what is the most powerful used single stage snowblower on the market?

Here are my requirements:

A) Must be able to clear up to 12" of wet or dry snow.  We usually get in the 6-8" range of dry snow here in Michigan.

B) Paved drive.  I ruled out 2 stage also because they don't clear all the way down to the pavement.

C) Must be able to make a good dent in the end of the drive snowplow buildup.

I considered a Toro CCR 3000 (5 HP Suzuki engine - model year '97 - '99),  a Toro 3650 (6.5 HP - R Tek Lawn Boy engine - model yr 2000 - 2007), an Ariens 722EC (7 HP),  or a Honda.  I found it interesting that when I talked to my local Toro dealer, he told me that the Toro CCR 3000 was actually stronger than the R tek  Lawn Boy engine in the 3650. He said it  was an underated Commercial engine that would be less prone to "bog down" in the deep stuff. When I called Toro about it, they told me that the 121cc Suzuki engine makes the same 6 ft/lbs of torque as the Larger 141cc Lawn Boy Duraforce engine in the Toro 3650. They also told me that the Suzuki engine had a Net HP of 5 and the Toro 3650 only had a net HP of 4 .  (6.5 HP Gross).

Anyone with first hand experience or knowledge here, please weigh in.

Replies: 1 - 18 of 18View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 18 of 18View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42