Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowbird S-228 pulley needed

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Junkman

Snowbird S-228 pulley needed
Original Message   Dec 24, 2007 9:21 pm
Ok so heres my problem. I've got a Snowbird S-228. I was having problems with a very tempermental engine, so I desided to swap the engine. The pulley wouldn't budge, so I thought a gear puller would pull it off without a problem. I was wrong. I got it off, but it was bent in the process. I tried my best to straighten it out, but its ruined. I need to find a replacement. I think the pulley is called a stacked pulley. Does anyone have any parts that might fit or know of a website to search for parts like that. This snowbird is probably 25+ years old and Idon't even know who makes it.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
niper99

Re: Snowbird S-228 pulley needed
Reply #1   Dec 25, 2007 12:26 am
junkman

l swaped out my engine on my 8 24 toro with a 5.5 honda, the old tecumsech engine had a l inch crank pulley and the honda has a 3/4 crank,  so l went to (tsc) a local farm hardware store and picked up some v groved pulley that where close to the old pulleys, they didnt have a two grove pulley as one piece as the old engine had, so l took two single pulleys and welded them together and that worked great for me. pulleys where about $10/each a cheap and easy fix. and if your new engine has the crankshaft tapped for a bolt then you could probally get away with not welding them together but just bolt them together.   hopefully thats helps    merry xmas

This message was modified Dec 25, 2007 by niper99
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42