Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > electric ignition

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
agirard

electric ignition
Original Message   Dec 20, 2007 10:20 am
I see aftermarket kits for tecumsehs to convert to electronic ignition, get rid of the points.  Has anyone tried this, does it improve reliability.  I know the even the cheapest Walmart lawnmower has elec ignition and starts on the second pull no matter how much you neglect it.
I guess the real question is what is the aftermarket kit going to do?  if its just replacing the points and you still have the condensor with an ok spark, its not that great.

I have an H60 Tecumseh on an Ariens snowblower/lawnmower
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
niper99

Re: electric ignition
Reply #1   May 14, 2008 10:54 pm
the aftermarket kit bypass the points and the condensor, and is very reliable and l highly recommend it, its easy to install and only costs about $15. know if your installing the kit on briggs stratton do not remove the old points condensor because it will cause a oil leak just cut the wire.
friiy

Re: electric ignition
Reply #2   May 15, 2008 12:04 am
What brand and part number are you looking at?  Just wondering.

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42