Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > leaky carb

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

leaky carb
Original Message   Dec 18, 2007 10:18 pm
friend of mine rebuilt his carb.put it back on,now its leaking gas,any ideas?

Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
agirard

Re: leaky carb
Reply #4   Dec 20, 2007 10:15 am
Just a quick note for the future.  So others might not make my mistake.  This seems like a good posting to put this in.
I decided to do a carb rebuild the night before the big storm. Soaked all the parts in cleaner for a period then attacked every orffice on the carb body with my air compressor.  After reassembly it leaked gas out the little vent tube behind the choke plate.
I disassembled again and found I had blown the seat (needle and seat) out of the carb and didn't notice.  The seat is a little white donut impossible to find on a garage floor.  A night of shoveling and a trip two towns over to the power equip store and I was back in business. 

Another note,  it's worth buying the carb rebuild kit if your going to open up the carb.
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Reply #5   Dec 20, 2007 10:38 am
how long did you spend looking on the garage floor?bet that really pizzed you off

niper99

Reply #6   Dec 20, 2007 5:58 pm
lol

l've done that myself years ago, thats how l remove the old seats when l rebuild tecumsech carbs, its easy and u dont  risk scraping the side of the carb when removing old seat.

Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42