Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow blower stock levels?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
fireworks

Snow blower stock levels?
Original Message   Dec 18, 2007 12:40 pm
Hi,

I'm considering buying a snowblower. But after calling around all I'm hearing is 'None in stock' and "that's it for the season'.

I can't say I'm shocked that there aren't any around at the moment considering the snow we got in Canada the last weekend, but are the manufacturers really finished producing blowers?
Replies: 14 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
iulavey1

Re: Snow blower stock levels?
Reply #14   Dec 19, 2007 1:38 pm
Fireworks-

It is true that some companies have stopped snowblower production.   My friend who works for Simplicity mentioned their production is done and this past weekend they just sent out the last of their factory repaired models (needing minor repairs, bolt replacements, etc. before selling) to the dealers.  There were only about 90 of these, however.

I just picked up the last Simplicity I could find in my county this past week, so the pickings are pretty slim in eastern Wisconsin right now.

iulavey.

MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #15   Dec 19, 2007 9:47 pm
I know here in CT, due to numerouse early season storms, most BIG BOX retailers are Out of stock. 

The local Sears is making a killing selling machines. They are well over 100 units in last 7-10 days. They are abble to ship in a special " Hot Truck " delivery every time the forecasters call for snow. But I think this will dry up soon too.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
fireworks

Reply #16   Dec 19, 2007 11:04 pm
borat wrote:
Greed and complacency.

Greed of the manufacturers foremost, greed of the dealer second, and lastly, a consumer market so used to being screwed that they just accept it.  The latter of which is beginning to change.  It has taken a while for the Canadian consumer to wake up.  Now that they have, manufacturers and dealers had better make some changes if they want to make a living in this country. 

You think we're used to it too eh?  I'm usually in the minority when I say that.  I get the impression that it makes Canadians 'feel' better to pay more; like there actually getting more.  I do think the high taxes/big gov thing has something to do with it.

Hopefully people will continue to demand better, but I'm not holding my breath.  There just isn't enough competition in Canada.  The auto sector is expecting things to return to 'normal'.  They're not lower their prices, they're using incentives to reduce the price.  Someting they can stop when they feel like it.  They drive me nuts.  If you buy a car in Canada soon, make sure you ask them where it was made.  If it was in Canada get them to explain how a car built in our economy costs less in a country with a stronger dollar.  One of the few times you'll leave a salesman speechless. :)

If the dollar stays close to par for a number of years we might have a chance.  If the dollar drops to it's previous levels they'll just say 'Oh well the dollar dropped so the prices went up.' and Canadians will go 'Oh you must be right that makes complete sense here take my money'.   SNAFU.  Just like before.

All I can say is that I've been keeping USPS busy!

Replies: 14 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42