Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help! Just Bought New Toro CCR3650 and having trouble starting it .. Ideas?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trscher

Help! Just Bought New Toro CCR3650 and having trouble starting it .. Ideas?
Original Message   Dec 15, 2007 6:51 pm
Just bought a Toro 6.5 HP CCR3650 and I'm having problems starting it.  Followed all directions but lots of blue smoke being emitted when it does start.  Doesn't seem to have enough power when egaging auger and dies almost immediately.  Mixed 6.4 oz Stihl oil with 2 gallons gas.  Seems like it should be easier to start and use...any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
trscher

Re: Help! Just Bought New Toro CCR3650 and having trouble starting it .. Ideas?
Reply #2   Dec 16, 2007 3:11 pm
Thanks.  Got it started and just as you said...Did a great job while it was running.  Cleaned right down to the pavement and threw snow a good 15-20 feet.  However, once it stopped I could not get it restarted, either using the electic start or using the manual pull start.  Very stong gas odor leads me to believe its flooded.  Is there anyway to determine if its out of or low on gas, I can't see to the bottom of the tank?  Thanks again for your response.
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #3   Dec 18, 2007 3:32 pm
Hi Guys!

Trescher-

I think you will find the mix should be 2.6oz./gallon. At 6.4 for 2 gallons you are way too oily. I'm thinking the excess oil is fouling your plug. Drain your fuel tank,replace the spark plug which is probably fouled and start with fresh mixed fuel at 2.6 OZ./gallon. My local ope dealer also says to use high test in 2 strokes. I have been following his directions as to high test and have had no problems with any of my 2 stroke equiptment.  

Also make sure the choke lever is in the run position and that the choke plate it controls is connected to the lever. Once in a great while the linkage on the choke may be disconnected and the engine remains choked regardless of the lever position. This is a rare occurence.

I'm thinking it's the fuel mix,

Marc 

This message was modified Dec 18, 2007 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
mech12

Reply #4   Dec 18, 2007 6:15 pm
  tip unit onto the discharge chute.  remove the two  5/16 screws on either sode holdong back cover on.   remove cover you will see all the goodies.   if its a plastic carb,  still toro's design,  loosen the four phillip head screws.  the extra oil will run out that is sitting in the bottom of bowl.  if its a metal carb,  briggs and stratton own this engine now and have made some changes to it.  crack loose the bottom bowl nut and so the same.
mech12

Reply #5   Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm
     we use opti-2  here in the shop.  you can buy a 1 gallon mix pouch or 2 gallon mix pouch.    with this mix it will run all equipment regardless of mix ratios.   16:1   to  100:1  .   stuff is great.
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42