Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD Single Stage Snowblower pulley removal

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Stavro99

MTD Single Stage Snowblower pulley removal
Original Message   Dec 16, 2007 12:44 pm
I have an MTD Yard Master single stage snowblower. I opened up the side panel where the auger drive belt and pulleys are, and I saw that one of the pulleys is broken. The broken pulley is the pulled that is connected to the shaft that goes to the engine. The shaft is not stationary, it turns, so I have been unable to get the nut off so that I can put the new pulley on. Is there a way to lock that shaft down? Otherwise does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
dickizinia

Re: MTD Single Stage Snowblower pulley removal
Reply #1   Dec 16, 2007 12:55 pm
2 words - IMPACT GUN................. DI
niper99

Reply #2   Dec 16, 2007 7:00 pm
if u dont have an impact gun you could use a wrench and hit it with a hammer that should knock it loose sometimes there pretty tight you could use a rubber band wrench and have some one hold it while u hit it loose. hope that helps
pare_john

Reply #3   Dec 16, 2007 7:58 pm
put a vicegrip on the pulley and then turnm the pulley until the vice grip jams itself against the ground. Then use a breaker bar
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42