Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman 2 stage blower/9.0 horsepower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
logan821

Craftsman 2 stage blower/9.0 horsepower
Original Message   Dec 14, 2007 11:00 pm
I bought this machine tonight and when I got it home to set it up. The guy at the store said all I had to do was lift up the handle and tight the screws, well I did that and a cable came out loosely, it is the cable to switch gears. I hope it is something fixable. Please help. Should I bring it back.
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
logan821

Re: Craftsman 2 stage blower/9.0 horsepower
Reply #2   Dec 14, 2007 11:05 pm
I am not sure what your talking about, my husband wants to kill me right now, it is for the gears shift, it moves the gears. I hope that what it is for. Do you think I broke it?
nibbler

Reply #3   Dec 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Its unlikely that you broke anything unless you used an axe to tighten the bolts.

There are three main controls, the traction ( wheel) system clutch, the auger/impeller clutch and the speed ( gear) control. Its not really a gear shift but everyone seems to call it that. Of the three controls the two clutch controls normally have a cable to connect them to the levers coming out of the lower end of the blower. The gear shift normally has a series of rods connecting it.

The two cables have an "S" shaped end on them that fits into a hole on the lever connected to the lever that you use to control the clutches. The other end has a threaded rod/nut/hook assembly that connects to the levers coming out of the the traction system housing ( where the wheels are). Too hook the "S" ends through the holes you manually move the levers to slacken the tension on the cable, twist the "S" and feed the end through the hole, let the tension back onto the cable. The manual should explain how to adjust the bolt on the other end to get the correct tension.
Moderator Denis

Reply #4   Dec 14, 2007 11:20 pm
No,I think it just came out accidently when you raised the handle or it was not set on send us a close pic on the blower so we can make sure what the problem is Okay!

Regards!

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42