Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Arien ST926LE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
edge

Arien ST926LE
Original Message   Dec 2, 2007 10:23 pm
I just bought one today.  Any thoughts on this unit?  Does anyone own one?  I bought mine new in the box but a 2006 model.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
edge

Re: Arien ST926LE
Reply #2   Dec 12, 2007 10:10 pm
I did punch it in and there isn't much discussion on the model....which is why I asked for thoughts from those who own one.

Ariens seem to be a great topic around here hence, I would appreciate anyones thoughts on the ST926LE.

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Re: Ariens ST926LE
Reply #3   Dec 13, 2007 8:50 pm
Hi Guys!

My father bought that machine two years ago and I assembled it-Be careful as to the routing of the joy stick chute control cable as it passes close to the muffler. If you melt the outer cable sleeve you will have to replace the entire linkage. I used a cable tie to attach the cable to the machine so that it did not come close to the muffler. They point out this procedure in the assembly instructions.. If the dealer is doing the assembly check to make sure this was done properly and that they didn't leave it off and melt the cable when they rigged the machine. If you are doing the set up MAKE SURE THERE IS OIL IN IT BEFORE STARTING ! The machines that were sold at Home Depot were shipped with oil already in the engine but check the dipstick anyway. It holds 26Oz. of  5-30.

The machine is wonderful and of excellent quality. A little muscle is required to make U turns as it has the locking pin axle which is a pain to disengage every time you turn around. The Tecumseh L head  is a  loud and dependable old design that  will give you years of trouble free service if you take care of it. It  runs a little uneven when not under load due to the fixed jet lean burn carb(required by the EPA) but has plenty of power and runs strong under load. Don't forget to turn off the gas valve under the tank when you put it away after each use. I would also point out that there is a drain pin on the bottom of the carb. After you turn off the gas valve and allow the machine to run out the gas in the fuel line if you put a rag on your finger and push up the pin to drain the bowl you will avoid varnish buildup on the float and not have issues with the carb. Also add Stabil to your gas can (gas stabilizer) and the winter gas won't be a problem after its been around for a month or two. If yours is Briggs powered read the manual as I'm not sure about that engine since I haven't used one. 

It is a straight  forward well built machine that will last you 30 years if you take care of it!!

Good Luck,

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42