Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Newbie with one little problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
NoSears4me

Newbie with one little problem
Original Message   Dec 12, 2007 9:45 pm
  Hello everybody !  I have been on here many times but have now decided to join up . 

Now here's where I need some advise on a Tecumsah 11 hp Sears Snowblower . This snowblower runs but lopes , hard starting when hot and will not idle low speed .  I took the carb off and it has all the signs of old gas . Cleaned it all up , still runs bad . In fact worse .

I want to just put a new tecumseh carb on it and not rebuild this one . No time to keep taking it apart again and again .

A local repair shop says I have a 640054 carb .I  asked him if a 632334A will work he said he was not sure . I would prefer a adjustable non emissions carb .

Can anybody help me make the right choice here .

Thank you in advance , Bruce

This message was modified Dec 12, 2007 by NoSears4me

Bruce
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: Newbie with one little problem
Reply #1   Dec 12, 2007 10:04 pm
how much did you clean?did you take it apart?if you did,it does make a difference on how the little neddle with a clip goes on.and if your bowl has a indent in it ,different levels,it does make a difference,hope this helps.

NoSears4me

Reply #2   Dec 12, 2007 10:13 pm

donjag wrote:

how much did you clean?did you take it apart?if you did,it does make a difference on how the little neddle with a clip goes on.and if your bowl has a indent in it ,different levels,it does make a difference,hope this helps.

Yep i took it all apart and blew the seat out with my air hose too ......... !  Yep I sprayed it , ran wire thru the little holes , then cleaned it more .  Then i lost the fiber washer that goes on the bottom side of the float bowl , and continued to try to put it together and get it running .   i am sure i did make a mess of it . Nothing is set to specs now .

If it came off one of my old Buicks or Tbird I would have it running but hey i did try , right ?  The carb now sits here at the computer desk as a paper wieght for now .

Thanks for your help .

Bruce
niper99

Reply #3   Dec 12, 2007 11:31 pm
what year is your machine?

is your carb adjustable?

have u done a tune up recently?

make sure u have no intake leaks

and by lopes do u mean idles up and down

qlty

Reply #4   Dec 16, 2007 2:16 pm
Also check the cap on the fuel tank.Mine has a plastic cap with a cork gasket the gasket had 2 tiny holes that were closed up and the cap has 1 tiny hole that can be seen with the cork gasket off I enlarged that hole to twice the original size Im thinking the cap has some sort of check valve built into it. From reading other posts this can be a common problem.
Tubby

Reply #5   Dec 16, 2007 3:49 pm
Also, verify the intregity of the primer hose. I had one coming apart, and it really affected the way it ran.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42