Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > the great horsepower debate...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

the great horsepower debate...
Original Message   Mar 15, 2005 8:18 pm
well folks a tied up the briggs rep and made him fess up on the sno engines.

there are 3 real horsepower ranges.

the small one is fron 6 to 8.5 horse...actually 8 horse i beleive not positive on this

the 9 to 12 horse units ...actually 12 horse

last is 13 horse  and it is closer to 14 horse

and almost all of them are cast iron bore.

the snappers are all cast iron  bore according to the tech.

thare have been no service manuals on the inteck engines since april of 2002,and there is no info on them that is any newer than that.

this is why there is so much controversey on it.

briggs never thought that they would have the success with the engine that they did,things just worked out real well for them.

they plan to get the numbers RIGHT for next season...and you guessed it ...it will be cubic inches not horsepower.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 33 - 33 of 33Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
torquecrazy

Re: the great horsepower debate...
Reply #33   Dec 10, 2007 6:04 am
Hi, I know just what you guys are talking about, I bought a craftsman 13.5 torque rating and was led to beleive that it was a 13.5hp by the sears retailer, only after much research on the internet that I found out that it was a 9.5hp.  Even the owners manual that the I have came with it says that its a 13.5hp, but on the snowblower it says 13.5 torque.  When I was at the sears retail store, I asked the retail guy just what horsepower the engine was; and after digging out the owners manual, he bought it over to me and it stated right on it that it was a 13.5 horsepower...I've checked the model number on the manual and on the snowblower and they are a perfect match.  I am certianly getting to do battle with sears, and I'm not going to take this sitting down!!

Thank's

Replies: 33 - 33 of 33Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42