Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
edge

Oil
Original Message   Dec 7, 2007 10:03 am
I just bought a new Ariens ST926LE.  I am wondering what the best oil is to run in a new snowblower?

I was thinking of 5W30 synthetic.  This is my first real snowblower and I want to take care of it and last as long as it can.

Looking forward to your comments!

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
mech12

Re: Oil
Reply #1   Dec 7, 2007 10:17 am
     i would run the first couple of hours  with  5w-30 for the break in,  then switch to the synthetic if you choose.  i dont see any real benefit with using synthetic oils in any piece of power equipment.  maybe construction stuff..... generators  cement mixers.   what is the actual run time on an engine during a snowfall.  1 hour.     if the unit is kept in good running order  you would never wear it out.   
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42