Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > My Simplicity

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bbrowne74

My Simplicity
Original Message   Dec 6, 2007 1:06 am
Wish I had a picture of it.

It's a "Sno-away 642 Electric Start" two-stage Seems to have a 5HP B&S engine. I believe this is a machine circa '74 or so but if anyone can correct me all the better. I still have the engine and blower manuals in the original plastic bag.

About 10 years ago my grandfather traded this machine in to the local Tru-Value in the spring for $250 and was going to buy in the fall. Went back in the fall and found the machine out for sale for $150. Bought it back and made $100, and they rebuilt the engine and cleaned the machine up.

Grandfather passed away a couple years ago but before he went I got the blower (mom had moved in to his house and brought her machine with her). I'm NOT an engine person. I'm a tech guy (you got a computer question or gadget question, I'm your guy). Machine runs a little rough, and since it's a bit worn around the edges my wife was afraid to touch it. THus, I got the Ariens 624e.

I probably need to give the machine up, but It's a bit sentimental to me. Granted I remind myself (and my wife reminds me constantly) that my grandfather had given it up already once, so let it go. I got a neighbor next door (2 cops) who were helpful with my garage theft issues (see my other thread) so I was thinking of giving it to them (he has contacts who could help him tune up and he's pretty saavy himself).

I know I dont' need 3 blowers, but I just can't give this Simplicity up.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Gelid

Re: My Simplicity
Reply #1   Dec 6, 2007 3:31 pm
Wouldn't your grandfather prefer to see the machine fixed and put to good use, be it by a neighbor?

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42