Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Greetings all

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bbrowne74

Greetings all
Original Message   Dec 6, 2007 12:59 am
NEw fella here (hello to everyone):

It's been quite a day. More on that in a min.

Bought a house almost 3 years ago. Inherited my a Simplicity Sno-Away 742 2-stage from my grandfather. Funny story on this machine for a later time. It worked, but you could tell it needed work itself.

Bought my first blower in 2005, a single-stage Ariens 522e. Loved it, but EOD was a pain and the heavy/slush types were a pain as well. But that little machine was a trooper. BOught it @ HD, but found a local Mom/Pop shop and had it serviced there.

2 weeks ago bought an Ariens 624e from that same M/P. I wanted a functional 2-stage that was self-propelled so that my wife or I could hit the EOD with some force. First snowfall of the year both machines worked admirablly.

This AM, woke up to 7" of snow (lake effect here in Milwaukee). Looked outside, and saw that my garage door was open and my 522e was gone. After profanity I called law enforcement and insurance, etc.

Went immediately to sPeedway sales (they're local here) and will be picking up a 722e that was on sale tomorrow. Another 4-6 coming tomorrow night so I wanted to have both handy.

I read a lot about machines here so many thanks to all of you for all the informed opinions. I went Ariens @ first since it was on sale @ HD. Loved that machine and the local M/P was Toro and Ariens so went Ariens again (The Simplicity Dealer in town wasn't very accessable to me). The 522 served me so I went 722 (more power right!) and I'll still have the other mom/pop service it (they were out of single stage).
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42