Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old Ariens 10M6D, Tecumseh H60 6HP, dies under load, misfires

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
craigvalk

Old Ariens 10M6D, Tecumseh H60 6HP, dies under load, misfires
Original Message   Dec 3, 2007 7:56 pm
Hey gang.

Have a 1968 Ariens   M106D model blower, with Tecumseh 6HP. Was running well when put away last spring, fuel was stabiled and drained.

Fired up unit last weekend and seemed to run well, first snow was today, and it cleared about 3 passes and then started bogging down and dying out. I suspected dirty carb, disassembled and cleaned it, no varnish, just a few specks of dirt in the bowl. ( gone now).

Reassembled, started, having a hell of time getting it to idle, finally adjusted to idle properly but it now dies under load. I have to slowly increase speed to max, slowly engage clutch, once auger is turning as soon as I hit snow with it, it dies. Won't start again unless throttle is set to idle.

I am thinking of replacing / rebuilding carb, but in the back of my mind wondering if this is an ignition problem. Any thoughts? Remen,er, she was clearing like a son of a gun for 3 passes of my driveway this morning.. then the fun started. Spark seems strong but plug is black-ish.

Thank you for any help.

Craig

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
craigvalk

Re: Old Ariens 10M6D, Tecumseh H60 6HP, dies under load, misfires
Reply #3   Dec 4, 2007 12:04 am
Wow, perfect, thanks a lot I am going to overhaul that carb and will keep you posted

THANKS for that manual......

Craig

niper99

Re: Old Ariens 10M6D, Tecumseh H60 6HP, dies under load, misfires
Reply #4   Dec 4, 2007 12:36 am
it certianly sounds like it couldn a fuel problem,

if u suspect its a spark  problem when it dies or misfires pull the plug out and check  for spark , if its weak  or non replace the points and condensor and dont forget the spark plug, and if u have spark tester u could test for spark after u test the plug if u get spark with the tester and not the plug then replace your spark plug

plug gap .025

points .020

make sure u adust the idle control first, then adjust the main jet start 1.5 turns out increase rpm and then adjust

hope this help good luck

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42