Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New snow blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
papadb10

New snow blower
Original Message   Mar 13, 2007 2:25 pm
I have to buy  a new snowblower this year. I finally gave up on my Ariens 524, just too small at 5 hp and 24in.  I have an L shaped house and the top of my drive is about 50 ft. by 35 ft. in front of the garage. My truck is always parked on the side opposite the garage, so I end up with a 50X35 ft. E shape and have to blow the snow about 40 ft. to the edge of the sloped drive that goes on down to the street, about 24X70. The ariens just wouldn't throw that far. My neighbor sometimes comes over with his 9hp X 30 in. Sears blower and he just goes in circles on the enclosed part gathering snow without blowing and then blows it out when he reaches the edge. A large scoop is a plus.  I got an email from a place in NH that will sell me a Toro 1028LXE for $1431.00 or a Husqvarna 10527 SBE for $975.00. The Husky has a 10.5 hp Tec. Engine and a 27 in. path. Toro is 10 hp land 28. Both have the same controls, remote chute, power steering, etc. Both prices are tax and shipping included. I am wondering if the Toro is worth the extra $475.00. I live in NE ohio and we get about 4-5 in falls 6-7 times per year and a couple 10-15 dumps a year. Appreciate the advice.

I

Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
edge

Re: New snow blower
Reply #11   Dec 2, 2007 10:22 pm
Dron,

I just bought an Ariens ST926LE for $599 CAN at Home Depot.  Bought last year's model reduced from $1300.  Shop around...the deals are there...just not on Toro's.  I priced them as well and could not justify the cost.

swami

Reply #12   Dec 15, 2007 7:22 pm
Would love a copy of a maintenance manual.  Bought my neighbors blower from him. It's an 8 with the tecumseh...have no manual though................can't thank you enough...Looks like I'll be using it tomorrow.  
swami

Reply #13   Dec 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Sorry, forgot my e-mail on that last message on the maintenance manual...swamimatu@yahoo.com...thanks
Replies: 11 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42