Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 6hp or 7hp or Simplicity 8.5hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
im45us

Ariens 6hp or 7hp or Simplicity 8.5hp
Original Message   Oct 18, 2007 6:12 pm
I am looking to replace a 30 year old Ariens 8 hp good running blower that I am giving my son. I have found 3 machines that I like but can't decide as they all have good points.

1. Six hp Ariens for 750.00 from small local shop.

2. Seven hp left over Ariens from Home Depot for 800.00.

3. 8.5 hp Simplicity for 900.00 from small local dealer. The dealer has 14 of these that he said the factory found in a warehouse and he has. They are brand new but 2 years old. Full 2 year warranty.

I started this whole process looking to get a smaller machine and looking at a 7hp machine,but found out Ariens no longer makes a 7 hp. I am not interested in other brands. Honda would be nice but to expensive. Looked at Toro and Husky and was not impressed. I think the 7 hp model would work but hate to buy from Home depot . I think the 6 would work for most of my storms but we do get a good one every once in a while..I wanted a little smaller machine so my wife could use it :-))))))) .

So what do you think.

Thanks Ivan

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
coreynaphtali

Re: Ariens 6hp or 7hp or Simplicity 8.5hp
Reply #3   Nov 20, 2007 7:49 pm
It's good to hear someone say that bigger isn't always better on this forum - because this is true!

I just bought the 6hp Ariens and it is great - I am out of town for two weeks right now and I know that my wife can actually manuver our machine around to clear the snow. Sure more power = more snow = more distance (that's pretty obvious advice) but a well built blower which meets your needs is probably the right way to go!

Corey - 624 Ariens

mech12

Re: Ariens 6hp or 7hp or Simplicity 8.5hp
Reply #4   Nov 21, 2007 5:23 pm
  either of the two unit from the shop  are good bets.   stay away from home depot.  they will gladly take your money and never talk to you again.     i think the "warranty"  they offer is called the taillight warranty.  its covered till they see your tailights.
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42