Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How important is speed control?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
coreynaphtali

How important is speed control?
Original Message   Nov 16, 2007 12:51 am
I am looking at the Ariens 520E or the 624E and I believe that 5 hp and 20 inches will be adequate for the length of my driveway - probably 5 car lengths and 2 cars wide and I live in northern British Columbia so we see a fair amount of snow (however, over a long season) but i am worried about the fact that the 520E doesn't have various speeds - please help!! The prices in CDN$ are $679 (520E) vs. $809 (624E) Thanks!
This message was modified Nov 16, 2007 by coreynaphtali
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
coreynaphtali

Re: How important is speed control?
Reply #2   Nov 18, 2007 11:53 pm
Thanks I have opted for the 624E machine - it also has an OHV engine which purrs nice and quiet! It actually snowed today and got to use it. It did the job perfectly and since there were only a few inches I already had it cranked up into the 6th speed!

Cheers!

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42