Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking for a Murray mower gas cap?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Looking for a Murray mower gas cap?
Original Message   Nov 13, 2007 3:21 pm
I need your help guys.

I am trying to help out an older gentleman in SC, I'm in CT. He has a Murray mower model number 20645X8B that has a 5 hp B&S engine. He lost the gas cap, improvised but now because there is no vent hole in the thing he plugged it with, the mower stalls when heated up.

Jack's has the mower listed but not a part number for the cap, and they cannot help me without the model and type from the engine itself. There is no way this older person can see that number and give it to me and like I said, im not in the same part of the country as him. I can even post a picture I took of the mower if that would help but I need to get a proper size gas cap, HELP???

Anyone know if I can use the new B&S "Fresh Start" gas cap, the one that has fuel stabilizer built in?

This message was modified Nov 13, 2007 by Smitty

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Re: Looking for a Murray mower gas cap?
Reply #1   Nov 29, 2007 1:21 pm
Just wanted to update you all.

I struck out with Murray, they say the gas cap is part of the engine and so unless i know the exact model, etc of the B&S engine, they can't help me.

I then contacted Briggs and Stratton, they were great, sent me TWO different caps, gratis.

Im told by the gentleman from SC that i was helping out that it fit.

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42