Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 1028 or Craftsman 88106 Snow Thrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sker66

Toro 1028 or Craftsman 88106 Snow Thrower
Original Message   Oct 31, 2007 10:22 am
Hi all,

Been trying to decide between these two. I have a 75 by 30 driveway, not much of an incline.

Pluses to me for the Craftsman: steel chute, Briggs OHV engine. Price: Sale price now $999 with 6 mos. no interest. Minuses: no local service (I think they send them off to get fixed), reviews are mixed on the quality level of the Craftsman throwers.

Pluses for the Toro: remote chute system (I haven't seen this model of Craftsman, so I don't know what the chute control mechanism is like for sure), opinion of this machine seems to be high. 14" Auger versus 12...feeder system and gear box seemed to be a better design than the Craftsman. Local dealer whom I trust has it priced at $1,314, cash, no financing (3% higher if I pay with a credit card). Minuses: Only one I can see is that it costs $315 more than the Craftsman. Is $1,314 a "can't pass this up" price? Or should I save the $315?

Which would you choose? I'm in the midwest. Last winter I was really wishing I had a thrower (I used my blade on the front of the garden tractor, and when that didn't work, a good ole fashioned shovel.), but winters vary around here. I'm pretty much set on this size of machine, just wonder which is the better buy/value for the price.

Thanks,

Rod
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42