Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Poulan 5524 or Ariens 624

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
andre

Poulan 5524 or Ariens 624
Original Message   Oct 29, 2007 12:31 pm
I am looking into a Poulan (not Poulan Pro.. if there is a difference) PO5524ES.  Does anybody have comments on this machine?  I like the fact that its all metal, and has a remote chute control.   My driveway if 28ft * 25ft, is this strong enough?  I live in Montreal, Canada.

My other option is the compact Ariens, 624.  Both are the same price.

Thanks.

This message was modified Oct 29, 2007 by andre
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
jubol

Re: Poulan 5524 or Ariens 624
Reply #1   Oct 29, 2007 12:37 pm
Andre,

For your area I feel you should have at least an 8 HP + Blower.

So nieither of those machines are any good for you..

Look at Ariens, Simplicity, Toro or Husqvarna blowers no less than 8 HP, the more power tha better for the EOD! !  !  !   

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Gelid

Re: Poulan 5524 or Ariens 624
Reply #2   Dec 5, 2007 4:19 pm
Whether or not it's strong enough depends on how fast you want the job done. According to snowfall data from NOAA Montreal gets less snow than northern New England despite geographical proximity due to its lower altitude but the snow you get is often wet, heavy and prone to flash-freeze because snowfall is often followed by either rain or cold snaps. Normally this would call for a heavy-duty and preferably tracked machine but I doubt such a short driveway as yours warrants the investment, the Ariens 624 -with chained tires- should do ok, the Poulan would be challenged. However get the next size up if you need to throw the snow more than 15-20 feet.     

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42