Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926LE....can this be done?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chrisexv6

Ariens 926LE....can this be done?
Original Message   Oct 24, 2007 1:40 pm
I have an 06 Ariens 926LE.  No remote lockout, etc.

Ive looked over the parts illustrations for the models with remote lockout (NOTE, they dont have a real diff, but they just remotely do what the pin does on the LE).  It seems that with relatively few parts, you should be able to add the remote trigger to the 926LE.

Am I seeing this correctly? 

Id love to be able to do this.....its not that Im lazy, its just that the (very well built) machine gets heavy to turn after a while, unless its really snowy/cold/icy out.

I also read here that full automatic diff kits are available for the 926 series.  Any pricing info on those?  The parts for the remote trigger (at least the ones I think are required) are quite cheap, but the automatic diff would be even cooler if within reason on $$$.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
chrisexv6

Re: Ariens 926LE....can this be done?
Reply #2   Oct 25, 2007 9:07 am
Hmm, OK then.

The parts radar parts listings didnt show different "context notes" for the axle/wheel parts.  True, they are different parts on a 926DLE, but I had assumed that they were only different because the DLE has an actual diff.

Is a diff *required* for trigger lock to work?  I didnt think so, because the 1028 models seem to have the remote lock without necessarily having a diff (or did they?)  Maybe Im just getting all the models confused in my head :)
jubol

Reply #3   Oct 25, 2007 12:48 pm
Chris,

Snowman works for Ariens, he knows his stuff!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
chrisexv6

Reply #4   Oct 25, 2007 1:05 pm
I bow to his knowledge :)

At least Ariens wasnt charging the price difference just for 2 small parts, makes me feel better.  Also makes me think I should have gotten the 11528 instead!  Nice price on it at HD (I know, I know) during the clearances last year.

-Chris
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42