Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 924 DLE or Toro 828 LXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dwinnie

Ariens 924 DLE or Toro 828 LXE
Original Message   Oct 23, 2007 6:06 pm
I'm trying to figure out whether to get the Ariens 924DLE or the Toro 828LXE and from what I've been able to find, this is the number one place to get snow blower information.  One question that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer for is does the 924 DLE allow you to release the lock on either wheel or just the left one as they do with the 1027LE.  It someone can answer that question for me it might help me make up my mind.  I also welcome any and all comments anyone may have on either of these units.  Thanks for your help.

Dan

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dwinnie

Re: Ariens 924 DLE or Toro 828 LXE
Reply #2   Oct 23, 2007 6:43 pm
Thanks Snowmann.  Can you tell me how you unlock the wheels, is it a little flipper on each handle like the Toro or some other mechanism?  Also, can any dealer order this model or is it limited to certain dealers?

Thanks again,

Dan

This message was modified Oct 23, 2007 by dwinnie
nibbler

Re: Ariens 924 DLE or Toro 828 LXE
Reply #3   Oct 24, 2007 11:09 pm
As of this year all the DLE models have an automatic differential. This means that there is no control to lock or unlock the axle. The differential automatically directs power to the wheels as needed to allow turns yet still give you good traction on the straight sections. Previous years have a different setup whereby there was a remote trigger control that allowed you to lock the wheels, thereby disengaging the differential, by pulling on the trigger.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42