Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Another Craftsman Lawn Tractor w/ Transmission Problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jbb313

Another Craftsman Lawn Tractor w/ Transmission Problem
Original Message   Oct 22, 2007 7:54 am
I have a 2 year old Craftsman Lawn Tractor (model 917.275820) with auto. transmission.  On Friday, the transmission failed- it will not go into forward or reverse.  Unfortunately, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me.  Another Craftsman mower I owned  (4 y/o at the time) had this same problem 2 years ago.   At that time, the Sears repairman estimated the cost to replace the trans. at a  total of 1224.00, at which point I decided it was a no brainer just to buy another mower.  Unfortunately I bought another Craftsman and the same problem has returned to the  "new" (2 year old) mower. 

Unless I can find another shop or repairman who can fix this one at a much lower price than Sears wants,  I'll be forced to purchase yet another lawn tractor; however, it will not be a Sears Craftsman this time! 

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good brand with the auto tranny which has good reliability?  I'm thinking of looking at John Deere- just want something that will last longer even if price is higher than a Sears (disposable) mower.
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42