Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Kohler 15hp engine-no spark

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lenco

Kohler 15hp engine-no spark
Original Message   Oct 21, 2007 7:15 pm
Please help!!!   I have a 15 .5 hp kohler single cylinder, verticle engine model CV15S  that does not have spark.----- The system seems to have only 2 parts the magnets that bolt onto the flywheel and the coil which goes dirrectly to the spark plug. I replaced the coil and still no spark. Could the magnets be weak?-------- I have a very slight glow from a spark plug tester but no spark. -----One of the problems is that the flywheel magnets are not replaceable execpt by replacing the flywheel.---- I am not sure enough to spend another $150.00 to find out that was not the problem. Thanks for your help.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
nibbler

Re: Kohler 15hp engine-no spark
Reply #1   Oct 22, 2007 10:43 am
I wouldn't worry about the magnets, they're probably that last thing to worry about. I'd check the wire coming out of the coil and then follow it along, testing at each connection until I either got to the spark plug or found the problem.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42