Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Solara gets a used Toro 826

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
solara

Solara gets a used Toro 826
Original Message   Jan 9, 2005 11:29 pm
Again thanx to everyone for thier input. after pushing he snow w/ the jacobsen snoburst, i had decided to get the toro ($999 model)

(the toro felt easier to push than the ariens, ie more confortable to me. the upgrade on the ariens was in the gear case,,,but w/ the toro it was a light and easy steer, (so i figured that the gear case was more heavy duty.i liked (loved) the joy stick and preferred the red to orange(heresy i know) .Also the toro and ariens at the same price seemed more featureful than the snapper/simplicity. did not like the way the chute turned on either.

Anyway, the day before i was to go to get the toro, i came across a toro 826. It has the barrell drum and an 8 hp b&s engine and electric start.

It weighs 270 lbs and is built like a tank. The shoes and scraper bar looked pretty good. It has independent wheel drive, ie u can engage or disengage a whel via a knob from the "dash."

The seller ,son in law, of original owner thought t was 10-15 yrs old. Surprise! it was built in 1978. But only paid 150.

I have some maintenence questions including a problem w/ the pull recoil starter, which i will post separately. It is loud i have a pair of platic muffs.

Thinking about keeping it outside and getting a tarp. so the shed doesnt start smelling like gas.

again all of the posts were ead and appreciated.

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: Solara gets a used Toro 826
Reply #1   Jan 11, 2005 10:51 am
Congrats Solara!
Sounds like a nice snowblower!  Great price, and should do you well for years.........
It's not what we make, it's what we keep.........with the money you saved, just think of all the other toys you can buy!
Next good snow, send us some pics!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
lland

Re: Solara gets a used Toro 826
Reply #2   Jan 11, 2005 12:01 pm
Colngrats, it's a great machine.  A neighbor of mine had one (I guess he still does but he moved) and loved it.  Did a great job.

LL

2001 Toro 20023 Personal Pace
2002 John Deere Trimmer/Edger/Blower
2003 Craftsman DYT 4000 - 25HP/48" w/bagger
2003 Toro 826LE Snowblower
2004 Mantis Tiller/Dethatcher/Aerator/Edger
2005 Husqvarna 145BT Backpack Blower
Rubbermaid 10CF Trailer
Craftsman 40" Plug Aerator
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42