Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to choose - I am finding different writeups for the same model numbers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tbone2004

How to choose - I am finding different writeups for the same model numbers?
Original Message   Sep 5, 2007 1:29 pm
Hey guys, new here.

I am trying to research Ariens snowblowers and it seems that the same model # has been used across years, but with different features?  Some sites tell me the 926DLE has a cast iron GB, other sites say the Aluminum?  I cannot go over $1500 so I have been trying to compare the following since some local dealers have left over stock - which would also help me stay under $1500, but I feel like it is not possible to compare apples to apples here.

Any opinions on these would be helpful - and again if there are differences between the year, please let me know.

926 LE

926DLE

8526DLE

1027LE

9526DLE

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
nibbler

Re: How to choose - I am finding different writeups for the same model numbers?
Reply #1   Sep 5, 2007 9:59 pm
From postings by Snowman, who I believe works for Ariens, I get the feeling that the 926DLE style of numbers only describe the over all type of machine. Snowman tends to quote longer numbers such as "model #924050".

I have a hunch the longer numbers are specific to a production run while the 926DLE style describes a particular type where the particulars may vary from year to year. At the same time the Ariens FAQ does describe where the generic model number comes from

9 HP, 26" swath, D - Differential, L - Light, E- Electric Start (110V or battery o the big pro models).

Up until this year the Pro line was the only one with differentials, this year the 1130DLE is classified as a "Deluxe" model.
tbone2004

Reply #2   Sep 6, 2007 7:39 am
Hey I appreciate the reply.  I am finding that to be true.  My local guy has a 926DLE left over from last year.  He is selling it for $1449.  I think that is $100 off MSRP.  He claimed it was a 2007 model, but I thought 2006 was the last year they made the 926 - maybe he meant 2006 - I will ask for the SN.  From what I have read this is a good machine.  I have yet to see it in person anywhere.  The local place will have to assemble it as well since it is still in the box.  I figure now that I am finally getting a snowblower it will never snow again here.  :)

Thanks again.

nibbler

Reply #3   Sep 6, 2007 1:42 pm
I haven't used the 926DLE but I have been lusting after one for some time.

The 9HP 26" combination seems to be a "sweet" spot for me. I have used machines of that size and and bigger. The 9HP size is light enough to be maneuverable yet powerful enough to throw the snow. The differential has always struck me as a good idea and everyone who has one and posted here seems to really like it. I hope you enjoy whatever you get.
cuseguy

06 Ariens 9526DLE Pro, and '91 White 522 Track-Drive snowblower, Toro SR4 Super Recycler mower (alum deck)

Reply #4   Sep 21, 2007 12:08 pm
I just bought a leftover 9526DLE PRO from my dealer. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the 926 DLE is also a PRO, but it's the 9.25hp version from 2 seasons ago. I always get confused on blower model year designation. Are the new Ariens coming out now '08's? So that would make my leftover an '07? And therefore a 926DLE an '06? Anyway, I prefer the BS Intek motor to the Tec OHV, so finding one with the BS motor sealed the deal for me and the price  I paid ($1425) with lifetime delivery/pu, free tuneups and oil changes for length of warranty didn't hurt either. I'm also pretty sure that the 926LE is a Deluxe but shares the PRO frame like all previous models did, unlike the 07-08 Ariens Deluxe line which now has its own smaller chassis.
This message was modified Sep 21, 2007 by cuseguy
nibbler

Reply #5   Sep 24, 2007 8:41 am
Up until this year only the Ariens Pro line had the differential, hence you have a pro snow throw. This year ( I think of them as 2007/2008, who knows what marketing call them) there is one Deluxe ( 1130DLE) that has the differential and the Pro series is divided into two section, tracked and wheeled. There is another discussion thread that talks about the differences, its mainly a matter of slightly differing swath widths, better bearings and auger gear case, differential ( mostly), OHV engines and a slightly higher auger housing.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42