Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Worn out drive wheel (geared rear rubber wheel) for old John Deere - Where can I find one?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
johndeere14

Worn out drive wheel (geared rear rubber wheel) for old John Deere - Where can I find one?
Original Message   Sep 3, 2007 5:27 pm
Have an old 'green' John Deere self-propelled with Kawasaki engine. It's the model that just preceded the so-called Silver Bullet, but I don't know the model number.

Will not pull well any longer, and local dealer says the drive on the rear wheel is worn. Says there is no replacement available from Deere any longer.

Aside from finding an old hulk, with a not-too-worn drive on it -- where in the world can you come up with this part.  Without it, I'm going to get quite a workout pushing this heavy mower around.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

JD-14

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Moderator Denis

Re: Worn out drive wheel (geared rear rubber wheel) for old John Deere - Where can I find one?
Reply #1   Sep 3, 2007 5:38 pm
Hi, and welcome to the forum,

I would suggest you can  search ebay  for Want It Now lets buyers post requests for hard-to-find items and allows sellers to respond to those requests with eBay listings. It worked for me  a few months ago I was looking for an old sending unit for my Ford van.

You try this link too: http://www.worthingtonagparts.com/tractor.htm

or this one here

http://www.reynoldsfarmequipment.com/john_deere_parts.html

Good Luck!

This message was modified Sep 3, 2007 by Denis

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42