Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2006 Toro lawn mover carburetor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
threebells43

2006 Toro lawn mover carburetor
Original Message   Aug 23, 2007 9:04 am
I bought a 6.5 HP Toro self-propelled lawn mower last year.  Recently my son said it wouldn't start.  Later I started it with no problem, but later it wouldn't continue to run.  It would start but not keep running.  I called the Toro dealer since it was under warranty and he knew immediately what the problem was.  He said it was the gas I was using, that I can't store gas.  I should only buy enough to fill the lawn mower each time I need to fill the tank.  He was willing to repair the mower, but it would cost half the original price.  None of this makes any sense to me.  Since he was so familiar with it I asked if it was a recall situation and he said no, it was the gas available in this part of the country (VA).  I am having a friend look at it instead of paying them so much money.  Any one have any other ideas?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: 2006 Toro lawn mover carburetor
Reply #1   Aug 23, 2007 10:22 am
i think your dealer is yanking your chain,im not sure of the problem,but buying gas 24 oz at a  time seems a bit foolish. ill study your problem and try and get back to you.

MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #2   Aug 23, 2007 2:26 pm
Look for another dealer, and read the waranty closer( are you within  1 year)

Its very possible there is junk in the carb, and you should only keep as much gas stored that you would use within 30-60 days, UNLESS you use STABILIZER.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
mech12

Reply #3   Aug 27, 2007 10:17 am
   we are an authorized tor/ lawnboy dealer service center.     and yes read your owners manual.  it clearly states the only way the carburetor is covered under warranty is a defect in workmanship.    ex  broken hinge pin,  leaking float.   i have went rounds with both briggs and tecumseh on this issue,  that is who actually offers the warranty    not toro.  as it was explained to me,  the can not be held responsible for what the consumer puts into there fuel tank.      sorry
sbro98

Reply #4   Aug 27, 2007 2:56 pm
I have similar problem with my Toro and found a fix at this link. Haven't attempted it but soundls like it might work. happy repairs, steve b

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lmower/msg0410345914098.html

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42