Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2 stroke vs 4 stroke trimmers - Which cuts better???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kc0kdh

2 stroke vs 4 stroke trimmers - Which cuts better???
Original Message   Aug 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Ok....I'm aware of the advantages for each below.  One thing I have not been able to find any feedback or forums on is a simple question of which cuts better.  I recently bought a Troy-Built 2 stroke and after it warms up (which does take a few minutes) it does is great job.  I have the add on tools attachment and use an edger, blower and tiller (sometimes) attachment for lawn care around the house.  I have noticed the throttle control on the 2 stroke is difficult to control, even after a few minutes of warm up and getting full power.

Advantages

• 2 Stroke:
    • Higher revving
    • No cam or vales to worry about
    • Lighter
    • No need to change oil
  • 4 Stroke:
    • More quiet
    • More torque
    • No mixing of fuel
    • Less pollution

Here are my specific questions:

1.       Would the lower revving / higher torque 4 stroke cut better for all attachments?

2.       Does the 4 stroke have the same warm up and challenge of throttle control as the 2 stroke?

Thanks in advance....Lance

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42