Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Power Washer-What do you recommend?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Power Washer-What do you recommend?
Original Message   Aug 16, 2007 8:38 am
We have already gone the route of the electric model and it just is too "wimpy".

This is not going to be used for any commercial applications but we want a gas powered model that will deliver the power we need for deck washing, etc .

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Re: Power Washer-What do you recommend?
Reply #1   Aug 16, 2007 9:38 am
So far, I have narrowed the choices down to the Troy-Bilt 20296 with 2,500 psi and a Honda engine at $299 and the Troy-bilt 20293 at 2,550 psi but with a Briggs engine.

Kind of leaning toward the Honda engine but what do you all think?

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
hunting158

Reply #2   Aug 16, 2007 11:41 am
Pretty hard to go wrong witha Honda Engine. With only 50 PSI difference in the two and price being equal the Honda gets my vote.
nibbler

Reply #3   Aug 16, 2007 11:05 pm
I got a pressure washer a couple of years ago. It hard to find out the "real" information but here is my experience:

1. The Honda engine works fine. There are "consumer" grade and industrial grade, the prefix tells which it is, check the Honda website but I seem to remember GX is commercial;
  2. B&S is probably fine as well but I don't have any experience with it. The duty cycle on these things is very low for the average person, you use it less than a lawn mower in terms of time so maintenance is important;
  3. If you live in an area that freezes ( I do eh!) then you have to either drain the pump or fill it with anti-freeze. I drain since anti-freeze is only good to a set temperature and one real cold snap and the pump is trash;
  4. A selection of nozzles is a good thing, you want something that does the job but doesn't destroy what you are cleaning;
  5. Be very careful with the water coming out of the nozzle, it can be very dangerous. I wear steel toed boots when I use it since I want to keep the skin and meat on my feet.
  6. The unit is very good for big cleaning jobs, I've cleaned decks, concrete, cars, vans and houses and it was all much easier with the washer.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42