Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 9526DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
snowpatrol101

Ariens 9526DLE
Original Message   Aug 13, 2007 9:49 pm
Ok I am scared please help.  I Thought the 9526DLE came with the Briggs Intek motor and now I am seeing it with the Snowking Tecumseh motor is this true?  Best price I can find is 1,700.00.   Please inform me on engine and best price found please.  I am from the metro Detroit area in Michigan.
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowpatrol101

Re: Ariens 9526DLE
Reply #2   Aug 14, 2007 10:00 am
Thank you for the response.   Wow I wish I could get my hands on the B&S.   Oh Well I appreciate the help.
nibbler

Reply #3   Aug 14, 2007 12:22 pm
I just noticed that the Ariens tracked blowers are B&S.

I have used Tecumseh and currently use a B&S. The B&S seems to have more power but then I'm mentally comparing a new 13HP OHV to an older 10.5HP L-head so its not really fair.

I haven't used a Tecumseh OHV so I won't comment.

Comments

1. The B&S comes with a fuel shut off valve which I like, some Tecumsehs do but it seems to be determined by the blower manufacturer whereas the B&S was part of the engine design.;
  2. The B&S has a plastic shroud that must be removed to change the spark plug. it also protects the engine;
  3. Both engines started reliably, I hardly ever use the electric start.;
  4. Both use a rinky dink ignition lock, a real keyed switch would be better;
  5. Both are a pain to drain the gas tank at the end of the season. I haven't tried putting a drain valve in the fuel line but the plastic shroud on the B&S will make it more difficult;
  6. "L" head engines are said to be more sensitive to low oil conditions that OHV. I blew my previous engine because I didn't check the oil level before starting and I had had a leak, now I check every time;
  7. Personally I don't think its a deal breaker as to which engine is on the blower but I do have a slight preference for the B&S. If I got a new blower I would probably swap engines but then I just like wrenching engines .

TTFN
Snowmann

Reply #4   Aug 15, 2007 9:44 pm
snowpatrol101 wrote:
Thank you for the response.   Wow I wish I could get my hands on the B&S.   Oh Well I appreciate the help.

There should be units left over from last year if you look around. The Briggs powered 9526DLE unit is 926014. The Briggs powered ST11528DLE is 926015.
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42