Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to mow a steep hill???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
zapalski

How to mow a steep hill???
Original Message   Jul 29, 2007 4:25 pm
On my property, i have a steep hill. I started to mow it by driving my lawn tractor up and down it. With the automatic transmission, it seemed to start burning it up and the transmission started slipping or it pops the joystick out of gear. It is a Craftsman LT1000 or something like that with a 21hp engine. I then bought a self-propelled yard-man mower. Even though the wheels slip it seems to work fine, but it takes 2 days to mow.

I was thinking of buying a zero turn mower and mow side to side. Are zero turn mowers better on hills?

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
hunting158

Re: How to mow a steep hill???
Reply #1   Jul 30, 2007 9:41 am
Rather then going up and down the hils only go down them (mowing). Although I am unaware of your particular lawn  I would suggest only mowing down and then going back up at a spot that is easier to drive up and then mow going downhill again. Seems silly but I too have the same problem and they will slip going up hill particularly when it is damp.

Also never mow sideways on the sloop...a roll over is very possible.

This message was modified Jul 30, 2007 by hunting158
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42